Monday, March 12, 2012

Road Trip...Part 2

I am not exactly sure how to start my post tonight...so I will just say I miss my dad! We lost him unexpectedly 3 years ago today! Not a day goes by that I don't think of him in some way! I am alot like my dad in looks and personality...One similarity is when we tell stories...we never leave out the smallest detail or find deep meaning in the smallest thing! My mom is also a very deep person and deep thinker!

So I get it honestly but also, since the young age of 19 and experiencing the loss of my first child caused me to look at life a whole lot different from most others at my age. I always noticed that I was not very good at "small talk" or just shooting the breeze. The things I talk about are always deep in nature. Don't get me wrong, I definitely know how to be crazy and have fun but I would rather talk about things that matter! I remember playing a game at a friends house and it was where they ask a question on the card and you had to answer with the first thing that comes to your mind! The question was if you could be someone for the day, who would you be? Of course, they were looking for answers like a celebrity or someone wealthy to get to do amazing things. But, my answer was to be my daughter so that I could understand her heart so that I could be the best mom ever and be everything I can be! Everyone kinda giggled cause I go so deep! I can't help it! It's just who I am!

Well a normal day for me is looking for the deeper meaning in pretty much everything. So the reason this is Road Trip...part 2 was because the whole trip made me recognize many things! Because the trip to Corpus Christi took 3 hours longer than it should have...there were times that we felt like we were never going to get there! At one point, we just wanted to stop and get out but there was NOWHERE to stop. So we had a choice we could stop in the middle of nowhere or we could keep going to get to a place that actually had food and restrooms. I couldn't help to think of all the times that our life feels like that! When we go through trials we sometimes want to just throw in the towel and stop. But that gets us NOWHERE! If we just keep going we will get to a place that we can refuel. Once you refuel...you can keep moving along.

So from the last post I mentioned that we passed 11 accidents. Every accident that we approached made us slow way down and sometimes to a complete stop. There were some people that got so angry and tried to make a detour on off roads...only to get stuck and need help to remove their car. There was this one car that tried to rush through it and hit another car in the process. There were some that pulled off to stop and wait until the traffic was completely gone.

All of these situations made me think of life! Each accident was like the road blocks that we face. Sometimes our road blocks slow us down or even cause our lives to come to a complete halt. In trials (or road blocks) we have many choices that we can make. Some may want to take a detour, which may be like doing things that don't help the overall situation. Maybe, even run from the issues and not deal with things. But running from your problems or pushing them so far away and living  in denial is the worst thing that you can do. It can make you feel as though you need to be rescued...just like the car that got stuck. Some may try to ignore the road blocks and rush through like the last car that I talked about, which can cause you to hit a brick wall. And even like the last car, you could pull off and just wait for the traffic to pass and then get back on your journey. But that can lengthen the time that you are facing your road block or trial. Instead of just taking things a step at a time and steadily progressing through your trial. Eventually because I stuck on the path and just slowly and steadily moved through each road block...I eventually and safely made it to my destination. There was definitely sadness along the journey seeing all of those accidents and people that were hurt. It was long and no place to stop and rest...we had to just keep going..knowing that we would get to where we were headed!

Once we got out of the rain and storms and traffic and accidents...it was finally smooth sailing from there! I was able to pick up my speed and drive with no more road blocks! We made it to my mom's house and hugged her neck and we were happy! WE MADE IT!

I couldn't help but see these things along my journey to Corpus Christi! So the next time that you find yourself dealing with another road block....Just face it and look for the lesson and I promise that you will grow and become a better person through it! You will be stronger and more able to deal with the next one that you face. Slow and steady allows you to take the time to reflect about the meaning of life and what your trials can really teach you!

Find the JOY in the road blocks that life throws at you! Yes you will feel pain and sorrow and all number of things but keep your head up and focus on the bright side! You will always feel JOY and eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel!

1 comment: