Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It's ALL in your PERSPECTIVE

On a lighter note today, I am so grateful for everything that I have been through as I have learned so many valuable things in my life! One of the greatest of which is the perspective I have gained! I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that has blessed me beyond measure through all of the trials that I have been called to endure. I am thankful for the weaknesses that have been turned into strengths and the experience of sheer pain so that I can appreciate the sheer JOY!

"Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. The deeper the sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain. When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you JOY." ~ Kahil Gibran (thanks mom!)

The sorrow that I have experienced has been deep! However, I know from experience that you truly are never given more than you can handle! So if you find yourself breaking down through your trials, then you just have to dig a little deeper and maybe even a little deeper! Enduring your trials and the daily stress  of life is all in your perspective! CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE AND CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

I think I have always had an optimistic personality! But it is your perspective that truly helps you in your daily life! Even if you are someone that sees the glass half empty there is still a chance to truly learn how to have an attitude of gratitude and change your perspective!

Not that long ago I was driving down the highway and my tire blew! I was in the inside lane and it was a little scary but I manged to get over to the shoulder unharmed! I made all of the appropriate calls and then just had to wait for the highway patrol to get there to help me!  I decided to make a couple of phone calls to some people that had been on my mind and wait patiently! Before I could make my calls...my phone rings and it was a friend that asked what I was doing! I said, "Oh just sitting on the side of the highway with a blown tire." She said, "Well that makes for a pretty terrible day."

You go through life just being who you are and don't realize that you would look at this experience as terrible! Until, I heard someone say that ..But, that moment really made me realize how thankful I am for my perspective and that little things in life like a blown tire is just SOOOO NOT A BIG DEAL! It so didn't make for a terrible day. I was actually immediately so happy that it happened where it did and that I had a place to pull over. A few minutes up the road and it would have been a dangerous spot. Also, I was so happy to finally have a little bit of time allotted to me to make those two phone calls that I had been wanting to make! So in fact, it was a pleasure to just sit and wait! Not an inconvenience at all! I was reminded that I am thankful for the perspective I have about life! So if you are wanting to improve your life take a look at your perspective!

Here are some examples of how you can change your perspective:

I am thankful for my husband that tells me he is going to bed early instead of spending time with me because at least he is home with me and safe at home.

For the taxes that I have to pay, because it means that I am employed and earning money.

For the child that complains of doing their chores because they are home with me and not out with friends.

For the mess to clean after the party because it means that I have friends.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means that I have enough to eat (too much actually lol)

For the lawn that needs mowing, the bathrooms that need to be cleaned, and the floors that need to be mopped and vacuumed because it means I have a home.

For the parking spot that I find at the far end of the parking lot because It means that I am able to walk and that I am blessed with transportation.

For the lady behind me in church that sings off key because it means that I can hear.

For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means that I have clothes.

For the huge electric bill because it means that I am warm.

For the aching back pain that I experience every day because it means that I survived a severe injury and can still walk.

For my house that seems to never close because it means I have the ability to sell it and purchase my dream home.

What things in your life can you now see as trivial that once seemed to disrupt your entire day and mood? If you practice an attitude of gratitude it is so easy to gain the kind of perspective that it takes to truly have JOY in the JOURNEY!

Find JOY in your daily perspective!



1 comment: