Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The RIGHT place at the RIGHT time!

I am absolutely amazed at the tiny details of our lives and how some of the simplest choices we have to make each day can feel so divinely directed! I don't believe in coincidences!!! Most of the time you never see what good you might do or how you bless a life! But every so often you get the sweet chance to see that you made a difference for someone. This is exciting when the opportunity presents itself because you were in the RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME!!!!

The beauty of this is when you look back on the whole experience and can perfectly see that if you hadn't of made this choice or that choice you wouldn't have been in that place at that very moment! I am always thrilled to see the Lord set me up in a position to do a good thing. I'll explain....

In my car, like most cars I have a warning light that goes off when the gas is low! It also tells you how many miles you have left to drive! Yesterday, it went off at it's normal 50 more miles to drive. Normally I am immediately pulling in to get gas at the first warning! But yesterday, I had a headache and decided I would go home and get gas when I had to get back out to run an errand. I get out to run the errand and I still was not in the mood to get gas. Unlike me! So I didn't! Actually by then the 25 more miles warning came on and I still did not stop! My last errand was to pick up my daughter and I knew there was a gas station right where I was picking her up. So I knew with 25 more miles that it was plenty to get there and I could get gas and all would be well! (I don't recommend because you never know what can happen) Well, I am almost to the gas station and realize that it is the exact time that I am supposed to be there to pick up Hayley. So I pass the gas station and go to get her and then I would get gas! When I pull up...she is not there yet at the same time I get a text that she will be there in 7 minutes! SO PERFECT.... I go around the corner to FINALLY fill her up! I pull into the gas station and was going to pull into this one spot and then for no reason at all decide to drive around and pull into a different spot! I had a selection! Thought nothing of it...proceed to get my card out and begin filling up! I am just standing outside the car watching the traffic waiting for it to finish!

A white truck pulls up on the other side of my pump..A guy gets out of the truck and I can't even see him...I can only hear him (that is how I know it's a guy) I hear..."Well that is so awesome I am so glad that you called! Hey let me hit you right back I am standing here at the pump and I need to get some gas in my truck before I head back" I then notice my gas is almost done. And that's when I hear this loud gasp.... AHHHHH MAN...NO WAY!!! It caught me off guard and I took a couple of steps over to see this man frantically checking his pockets, looking under his seat in his truck and all the while saying NOOOOOOO OH MY GOODNESS...TELL ME THIS IS NOT HAPPENING! He immediately calls someone on his cell phone and I hear..."BEVERLY...are you still at the office??? Can you do me a huge huge favor! I am standing here at the gas pump and I reached in my back pocket for my wallet and it's gone! Can you please go in my office...it's unlocked! GO in my office and PLEASE TELL ME THAT MY WALLET IS ON MY DESK OR ON MY CHAIR! It apparently took Beverly a few minutes to get to his office because I hear him just rambling and answering her questions...No I am in Mesquite and I still got to get back to Ft.Worth! I am sitting on "E" I just can't believe this! My gas is done...But of course, I can't not (yes that is a DOUBLE NEGATIVE) find out if he finds his wallet! LOL Now remember he can't see me at all! Nor would he see anybody because he was so intently trying to locate his wallet! I heard him say to Beverly on the phone....I even had my daughters birthday money in my wallet to give to her tonight! And then I hear...Oh THANK GOD! Thank you Beverly, just put it in my top drawer and close my office door and I will get it later tonight! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

So I immediately looked in my wallet...NO CASH! So I waited to hear him be done with his phone call and I peeped though the pump and showed him my card and said...NEED SOME GAS??? he immediately starts laughing and is soooooo obviously embarrassed! He says, ARE YOU SERIOUS?  WAS I THAT LOUD? OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING! I said, well we all have a moment like this at some point...I know I have! He again says...ARE YOU SURE? OH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! I said well I only have a card but let me get you going! You get what you need! I could tell how embarrassed he felt because he kept putting his hand to his forehead and shaking his head like he just couldn't believe this was happening! That some lady was having to pay for his gas because he had no money! I looked at him and said, Please let me do this for you...This is my pleasure to observe then serve! (Those were the actual words that were in my head...observe then serve) I'm grateful to have been right where I was and have the chance to help! He then looks at me and says THANK YOU SO MUCH...I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE DOING THIS! I WILL ONLY GET $10 OK? I said get what you need...it's fine! Then he said...THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING I AM NOT TELLING A SOUL THAT THIS HAPPENED! I looked at the man and said, Why not??? THIS IS TOO EMBARRASSING! I said oh you should totally tell this story.... You never know who you might touch and inspire by sharing your story! This gives me a story to tell too! He looked at me and his whole demeanor changed...HE CALMED AND SAID, I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT! THEN HE LOOKED AT ME AND SMILED WITH A TOTALLY DIFFERENT TONE AND SAID THANK YOU, HE EXTENDS HIS HAND AND SAYS I'M JAYLEN...I said, I'm Heather! HE SAID HEATHER...I WON'T LET YOU DOWN! I AM GONNA PAY IT FORWARD AND I'M GONNA TELL ALL MY EMPLOYEES ABOUT THIS AND WE ARE GONNA HAVE A PAY IT FORWARD DAY ONCE A MONTH FROM NOW ON! HEATHER... I WON'T FORGET YOU! THANK YOU! I looked at him and smiled and said, WOW! THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME HELP!

I drove off and he drove off! I felt SOOOO GREAT INSIDE! I almost forgot that I was supposed to pick up my daughter! I did get to her a few minutes late! All I could do was go back through my day and think of all the choices that I had made that day that put me at that gas pump at that exact moment! I thought about how I usually have cash and would have probably just handed him a $20 and been on my way! But because I didn't I had to use my card and wait for him to finish pumping my gas so I could get my receipt! Because of that we had time to have all of that dialogue! I think about who he was because I will never know more than that he lost his wallet and he is a boss and has some employees! I don't even know what he does or what he is like! All I know is that it must have been the right timing for him to be humbled and open to letting some stranger lady at the gas pump help him out! I could tell that he was very excited about sharing this story with his employees and setting up his PAY IT FORWARD days! I was touched by this experience and inspired by it! We don't realize who God is waiting to place in our paths each day! I may never know what comes of this for this man but I can tell his eyes were opened to a new idea! I am grateful for this whole situation! To think that I was guided to that pump at that moment suggests that my headache was even a part of the whole thing! I am humbled every time I witness tender mercies and daily miracles in such a simple thing as paying for someones gas!

Find JOY in paying it forward! Find JOY in taking opportunities to serve after you observe a situation! Find JOY in the few chances that you actually get to see that your actions and words can make a difference! Find JOY in your daily choices as you never know what miracle they might be leading you too! AND LASTLY, FIND JOY WAITING TO SEE WHO IS GOING TO BE SENT IN YOUR PATH.....Thank you, Mr. Jaylen! Chance meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment