Monday, October 22, 2012

Season's of life!

I really do love all the different seasons!

I CAN NEVER DECIDE WHICH ONE IS MY FAVORITE!

 I guess I actually just enjoy the best of what each season gives!


 SUMMER TIME....

I love the summer! Sunshine, water, music and swimming as much as you can!

Listening to music while layin out at the pool. Getting icee's. Hot sun and cold water....Man it's just hard to beat! Road trips with the kids! Stayin up watching movies and getting up to do it all over again!


 SPRING TIME....

 I love the spring! I love the gentle breeze. I love the birds singing. I love the cleaning with the windows open. I love sitting outside and reading a book. I love taking walks to the pond. I also love to sit outside and listen to Jim Brickman!


AUTUMN TIME...


I love the Fall....even though it doesn't last a very long time in Texas! The fall in Texas is similar weather to our springtime! However the colors of the leaves are different! I enjoy some of the same activities as Spring. Reading outside, taking walks, sitting outside just visiting with my husband or kids! It has become a cherished time because we just talk!
 
 
 
WINTER TIME...
 Actually, I love the winter too! Trips to Starbucks for hot chocolate and pay for the person in line behind us! The excitement on the kid's faces as we drive off is priceless! Of course, it is the beginning of the holiday season too! If we get a day or two of snow, we always make the best of it! We go to the movies and then drive around looking at lights and drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music! Love ALL OF IT!
 
There are some other seasons too! THE SEASONS OF LIFE! I can't say that I have always enjoyed some of these seasons in my life! I'm in one of those seasons right now! Since my son, Shelby died on Halloween day and my daughter, Shealyn (I just love saying their names) died on Thanksgiving day; every year for about a couple of weeks in October a SEASON OF LIFE comes.
 
I used to not have a clue what was happening to me every year around this time! But of course with time you grow and learn. You also understand yourself as each year allows for more reflection and insight.
 
This is the time of year I lived many months with both of my kids (in different years, of course) and gained many many memories. It never fails at the beginning of the season when I walk into Walmart and the pumpkins are out it is an immediate tear flow. I have learned to control that a little better now! However, it hits me later and I just need a good cry! It is like a movie player is going off in my mind and the pumpkins and orange fall decorations is what triggers the memories and film clips in my mind. I used to be a basket case and found it hard to even be around people. As I was never sure what would trigger the tears. I could see a mom holding a child and picture me holding my babies. I could see a stroller and remember taking them to the zoo or pushing them in the hospital in the red wagon to and from treatments. I can feel the cooler weather come in and have very specific memories that don't come any other time of year. I might hear a song and just start balling. I can pass a Taco Bell and think of my brother that came without fail everyday to eat lunch with me downstairs in the hospital month after month. I can even remember that he ordered extra sour cream on his burritos. (Definitely a treasured memory) The memories go on and on! Wow...so many, many memories!
 
Unless you know me and understand what this time of year represents for me it is hard to be around me. Any other time of year people are used to seeing me  with a smile or laughing. But during this time of year for a couple of weeks I am more reserved! I used to think I was depressed. But what I have learned is that it is a normal cycle or season of life for me. I absolutely love the flow of memories. I love feeling connected to my sweet angel babies which also makes me feel exceptionally close to my Heavenly Father. I have grown to appreciate this season as I can reflect on beautiful memories and continue to learn from the great loss that i have experienced and continue to endure. I think of them all everyday but this time I actually get to go through the tiny details of their lives...even though that time was short...they are still very much...CHERISHED! I learn something new every year! I become stronger every year! I learn to appreciate my loss more every year! Even though one of the side effects of this time is that I feel lonely, I am still grateful for the season!

 
SHELBY RAY EARL ~ May 21, 1998 to October 31, 1998 
(in the black socks)
SHEALYN RENEE EARL ~ July 18, 1994 to November 24, 1994
(in the white socks)
 
I love you my precious angels! I am finding JOY in the SEASONS of LIFE!
Strive to find the BEST of what each season of your life may bring!
UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment