Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More!

I woke up this morning feeling abundance in my life! Which happens quite often these days. This is what I pictured this morning as I was laying in bed thinking...



Starting this blog has opened the memory box that was locked up in my heart. I think I subconsciously acted like I had lost the key to the memory box so that I could keep all of the memories tucked away and never have to face if I had lost any! (Read my Stepping Out blog) But, just like I explained in my first blog,  the words that came to my mind and heart when I was deciding to start writing was this....."When you begin to write and overcome your fear of  the loss of your memories....Wait and continue writing and all things will come to your remembrance!" AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING!

Isn't is so true that once we make a decision to act on something and take a baby step...then the Lord is right there waiting to BLESS US BEYOND BELIEF! Look how long I have left these memories tucked away (18 years) and within 3 days I am having to keep a log of all the thoughts that are flooding my mind so that I can write about them! Where have they been? How did they show up all of a sudden? Why now? What does that tell us about fear?

You either move toward something you love or away from something you fear. The first expands. The second constricts.
Tom Crum

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
William Shakespeare

SO there it is....My doubt and fear of lost memories allowed for constriction and I lost the good! But the cool thing is we grow and learn and become more everyday if we choose to conquer our fears! I have chosen to conquer my fears and am realizing that my memories were never lost! They were right there waiting for me to unlock them at the right time! Life is all about timing! I know now that this is the time that the Lord set aside for me to BECOME MORE! He was waiting on ME!

I get it! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL THOUGHT! All these years I have kept my thoughts and stories to myself out of fear and therefore I couldn't even have them to myself! Now that I am willing to share and have unlocked my heart...the memories can't be contained and this is EXCITING to me! I feel like a huge part of my life is back!

What are you fearing? What have you tucked away? How many years are you willing to let pass before realizing the things that you need to overcome? This is the time to be all that you can be and unlock the worries of your heart! Take baby steps but make sure to take a step in the direction of uncovering your fear to become all that you are meant to become!

Isn't it an incredible feeling when you learn a deeper meaning about something that you already know or have learned! I am an extremely sharing person and actually delight in it! But even as sharing as I am I was holding back!

I know that it is time to to become more, realize more, and BE MORE! 

I love Nelson Mandela! To study his life was life changing for me! The quote he recited is the one that changed my life! I hope by sharing it that it can change yours....."Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Writing this blog is liberating and I want to write MORE! I hope that you will look in your heart and unlock the pain and let it loose! Move toward the things you love instead of holding yourself back from being MORE! God is waiting to place people in your path that you can bless just by being YOU! SO stop holding yourself back and figure out what is tucked away and begin to take the steps necessary to let it go and move forward! YOUR LIFE IS WAITING TO BE MORE! Find the JOY in BECOMING MORE!

What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.


    

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I've been looking for that quote that Mandela used..it's actually written by Marianne Williamson, but I LOVE IT..THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT POST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized I need to thank you for writing your blog. As therapeutic as my own writing is (& it is) I am learning things from your writing. As much as I have gained at times in gleaning from other writers, this is more personal & impacting me to a deeper level. I, too, have had stories locked away waiting for the right time. Wonderfully we've arrived at that time together to share even more than before! I'm excited to BECOME MORE!

    ReplyDelete