Friday, February 15, 2013

My Valentine's Miracle

It was early on Valentine's morning and I could NOT keep my mind from spinning! I was doing my normal morning routine when I was overwhelmed with longing thoughts for  my dad! I was reminiscing and having memories flow through my head! I was thinking about my two most fond memories that I have had through the years that I missed so much. The two people that always made Valentines special was my dad and my grandpa (my mom's dad) Both of which are in Heaven.

As long as I can remember, every single Valentine's Day WITHOUT FAIL... I received a card in the mail, as well as my kids, from my grandpa! Signed...Granddaddy Ray! It was special because it was the one thing I could always count on! He never failed to show his love on that day! I cherished them and still have every single card that he ever sent! I still remember that first Valentine's Day after he died and for the first time not getting that card in the mail! I am glad that I  kept them because I would pull them  all out at Valentines and set them all up to remember him and how special he always made me feel. But this time they are in storage so I couldn't get my hands on them!

The other very special memory was from my dad. He never failed to do some little small thing to show his love on this day. Often times it was a single flower. Many times a little chocolate and a handwritten card, one year I remember he drove over just for a hug and kiss and to look me in the eye and tell me that he loved me!  He never spent much if anything at all but it was always thoughtful and he always made a point to let me know he was thinking of me specifically.

Well, as you can see I was missing these two great men in my life! Then the next thought was... but I was just a daughter and granddaughter, and my thoughts immediately went to my mom and my grandma! If I was missing them this much today then I could not even imagine the longing that they must have for those special men in their life! I immediately had a sweet feeling come over me of how much they were loved and  adored by their husbands and I wondered if they knew it! I felt this prompting to do something special for them and to remind them of how much their husbands loved them! But what...I was limited because they live far from me so my only option was sending flowers!

So I immediately went to google and searched for flower shops in their area! After calling every single one that popped up...which was 16 to be exact...I was without luck! Of course it is Valentine's Day and everyone was swamped and not taking any more orders for delivery! I thought well it was a great thought! And then my very next thought was wait...if I was prompted to do this then I know there has got to be a way! I immediately closed my eyes and said a prayer, "Heavenly Father, please lead me to the place that can deliver flowers to my mom and my grandma today! I felt prompted to send them a message to remind them how much they are loved and well I know that if I was prompted to do this then you can help me find a way to make it happen, In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.





 I hit REFRESH on my phone and there it was....one new place that had not been on my previous list. 'HEAVENLY DESIGNS"
I immediately knew that my prayer was answered just by the name! Because what I haven't mentioned yet was that what I felt prompted to do was to send flowers to my mom, from my dad! And also send flowers to my grandma, from my grandpa! As soon as I saw the name of this flower shop, I had a chill head to toe that it was especially for me as a confirmation that He heard my prayer! I called and spoke to the kindest lady that proceeds to tell me that she had just called in an extra driver  to deliver so that she didn't have to turn anyone away! I told her what messages that I wanted to send and she said that she was going to make them extra special and was honored to take my order! I told her that I called to 16 other shops and was turned away! She told me that she had just turned her phones back on and I was the first call!

Those flowers were delivered to my sweet mom and grandma within an hour! I received very special and sweet messages from them both and what made it even more special was that it was form the flower shop named HEAVENLY DESIGN!

I strongly believe with all of my heart that Heavenly Father was witnessing to me His HEAVENLY DESIGN today! I am also aware that it started with longing thoughts for my dad and grandpa! Instead of letting the longing get me down I wanted to turn it around and do something special for others! Not only did I have the grandest confirmation that He allowed me to be His hands today...But he also guided my steps after I prayed and asked for His help. He was there at the tap of the REFRESH button!

How many times do we forget to call upon Him for the smallest things in our lives! It is just like hitting that refresh button! He is waiting to show us something that we haven't seen before!
And many times it is as fast as hitting the refresh button! He wants to refresh us with His love! He wants us to be His hands...and if we are willing to call upon Him..He will guide our steps to make it happen! It was the grandest pleasure today to send a message to my mom and grandma from Heaven and remind them of how much they were loved and adored by their Heavenly spouses!
It was special not only because I love them so much but that The Lord trusted me to be His Hands and be a witness to His promise tha tHe hears and answers our prayers!

Find JOY in PRAYER! Look for the opportunities to be His Hands and bless those around you! It brought the greatest JOY to me today to be a part of His HEAVENLY DESIGN!

I am grateful for His tender mercies and His constant blessings that He sends!

 For every miracle is a tender mercy from Him!

FOR NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Heather! I bet that was such a great surprise for your Mom and Grandmother!!!

    ReplyDelete