Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Bully!

Today I had a great day with my kids at the zoo! You wonder why this is something to blog about? Well, it's because my son should have been in school but since he was suspended for 3 days I had the day to whatever we wanted to do! So your next question might be well if he is suspended why on earth would I have taken him to do somethin fun!!!

Being displaced from the tornado was not the hardest part! Living in this hotel with other families (well one particular family) has been the hardest part! There is another kid that comes from a large family and doesn't seem to get the attention that he needs or at least that is my opinion! These children have two parents that are hardly attentive to anything that they do! It had been a huge frustration for many other families that have to live here with them.

It is not uncommon to hear running down the hall, ice fights in the eating area, calling our room and hanging up, knocking on our door and running to hide, taking things from the office room, workout room, food area and even the pool area! They have broken hotel property and well basically become a thorn in everyones side! I can no longer go to workout without getting the equipment I need. I can no longer print in the business office because they printed SO MUCH that the hotel hasn't replaced the cartridge due to high usage. My kids can no longer go to use the computer room without me because they now have to be 17 years or older! Needless to say because of this one family...everything has been changed for normal living for others!

But even that is not the worst part! They have one child who I guess will remain nameless...But, he has caused more grief for me than I can hardly stand! And when I say this if you know me it takes AN AWFUL LOT OF SOMETHING to get me to this point! I am so frustrated with this kid! I guess actually I am ANGRY at the thought of him! I am at a rock and a hard place! This kid has been bullying Kolby for the entire time that we have been living here! This kid is so manipulative and knows exactly how to lie or play the victim! I actually have witnessed it with interaction with his parents!

He has figured out that Kolby wont strike back because Kolby knows he will get in trouble! Kolby is one of those kids that wont strike until he is pushed too! But he is the one that gets caught because he is the last one doing something! Because of his impulsiveness and ADHD he gets blamed for alot of things that others took part in! He is the honest one that will always tell you exactly what he does. So he is a target for any situation when all the other kids lie to stay out of trouble!  So this kid has kicked Kolby on the bus, knocked a cup of seeds out of Kolby's hand and spilled all over the bus, calls him names, and much more! The one time Kolby kicked back the kid told on Kolby and because there was no other witness...it looked bad on Kolby!

Well, this kid goes to school and completely manipulates and tells the school that Kolby is doing stuff to him on the bus! I would have never known that he told the school this if it were not for this kids father coming and finding me in the hotel and putting his finger in my face and telling me that I better watch my kid and leave his kid alone! (This was actually on the day I had my Scentsy meeting so I had many witnesses) I was like..."Are you kidding me? It's the other way around...because I have witnessed it! I myself have told this kid to leave Kolby alone in the act!

So after this father gets all in my face, Shay had a chance meeting with him and tells him that if he has a problem in the future that he better come looking for him and to not ever put his finger in his wife's face again! Well that didn't go so well because the father denied what he did to me! So, there is no way to put this other than the rest of the conversation didn't go so well! And ended up with me calling the police to make a report on the mother of this child swinging at Shay! Yes, SHE HIT HIM! Well, if you know Shay, he is the opposite of me and doesn't exactly handle "turning the other cheek" so well! However, with a little encouragement from me...HE DID! As we waited for the elevator they were callin us names and totally ticked Shay off! We then went to the room and told Kolby...whatever you do...DON'T LOOK AT THAT KID...DON'T TALK TO HIM...DON'T BE ANYWHERE AROUND HIM! So I thought that everyone would mind their own business and this kid knew that he better leave Kolby alone at this point! So, a couple of weeks pass!

That brings us to now....Kolby is in the bathroom at school and this kid walks in...Kolby immediately tells him, we cant be in here together! The kid says..."BUTTFACE" and tries to kick Kolby while he is going to the restroom! Well, Kolby snaps at this point and pushes the kid up against the wall! That is the part where two boys come in and are considered the "witnesses" which never saw the beginning point! They all go to the office and guess what??? Yep...Kolby gets suspended and the other "BULLY" kid goes back to class! When I received this call I was just beside myself! I can't remember the last time I was this angry! Especially when she told me that they were going to have to fill out a bullying report on Kolby! I told them I would be there shortly to pick him up! I actually shocked myself because at this point I felt like I had so much to say to this kid! SO of course, knowing that this is not the right way to be...I said a prayer before I went into the school! It actually just took the edge off! I was still VERY UPSET! I went in and insisted to speak to the principle! I told him that I have always listened to what the school authorities have told me and taken action when I needed to with my child but this time...THEY WERE WRONG! I told them if they filled out a bullying report on Kolby that I was going to have so much to say and I would have to find out what our rights were! I still don't exactly know! But one thing is for sure I won't sit back and not speak up! It is just not right! Especially when you watch this kid get off the bus the very same day laughing about what happened until he saw me and then looked down at the floor! He knew he was wrong!

Shay told me he wants Kolby to just beat him up so this kid will quit picking on him! (That is how Shay was raised) And of course, I have said not to and Kolby said he knows if he does that that he will be the one to get in trouble! It is such a frustrating thing when you do all the right things and the system doesn't work in your behalf! I know I am just being tested and we will do the right thing! But I tell you, I am so ready to be done with this school year and on with the rest of my life! Even with all of my frustration with the whole thing...I sat Kolby down and talked with him about being the bigger person and how to handle this the civilized way! If we keep doing the right thing that the Lord will bless us and we will be on our way with blessings coming our way! I told him that I was angry too and have every right to be but this is when we have to do the right thing and this is when doing the right thing really matters! SO WE WILL!

Life is never fair and you will be tested over and over and over again! The winner is the one that in the face of trial can rise above it and make good choices! I know it seems impossible to find joy in all things but the real Joy in this situation comes from not giving in to your anger and unfair situations! I will conquer this....I will! I know that my joy will come from handling this in the right manner! In the meantime....Kolby and I will have fun until he goes back to school next week!

1 comment:

  1. I think that your husband knows best here. He is a good man raising a young man to become his best self. Part of that is the ability to literally physically defend oneself when necessary (someday it will may very well be needed for protecting a wife & children against wrong doers). Is your son in martial arts yet? I HIGHLY recommend that to be as required as similar to the way swimming lessons are a must. Survival skills are needed in this area of life also. There is only ONE thing a bully knows and that is if you are a target or if you are not a target for the abuse. Bully's are psychologically damaged people (from being abused themselves)who cannot be properly reasoned with through common sense or logic let alone ethics or values.
    When youR son puts an end to this w/the bully. He will then be suspended & you can celebrate w/him again for standing up for what was right, SELF DEFENCE. EVERYONE (including children subject to school authorities) has a LEGAL right to self defence in this country. If you wanted to fight the suspension, you and your husband can attend the meeting w/an attorney present to send them a message that YOU are standing up for your son standing up for himself. I'm sorry but this isn't going to just away w/the summer break. There will always be bullys that have to be put in check, just like there will always be victims because they don't fight back. The good news is that your child doesn't have to be either one, he has a father to show him the ropes. LET HIM! XOXOXO Shayla

    ReplyDelete