Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Doctor...

Do you believe in being in the right place at the right time or in coincidences? We call it something else. The other day, as Shay was driving us all over Dallas for my Random Acts of Kindness Birthday, we pulled into the hospital and quickly discussed about Shay dropping us off in the front of the hospital. When all of a sudden he says, "let me go over here and park so that you will know where to come when ya'll are done." So, he drives around until finally deciding that he would back into this one particular spot.

Shay had joined us on all of the other activities that day, but said, for this activity he felt like he should just wait in the van for us. So he rolled the windows down and was ready to relax a bit and watch his favorite "big rig" videos on YouTube while he waited for us to come back.

We begin to all pile out of the van... As I was standing there waiting for the others to get out. I realized that I was in the way of another driver trying to get in his car. I said, "Excuse us, we will be out of your way in just a sec." He slightly smiled and said, "Oh no rush, I'm not sure my car will even start." I didn't really grasp what he was saying; but with flowers in hand...we began walking across the parking lot to go complete our mission..

We passed out flowers and had an amazing experience! You can read more about it here....   http://heatherearljoyinthejourney.blogspot.com/
(The Final Rose)



Upon our return to the van, and just when we thought it couldn't get any better. It did!
Shay hands me $60 dollars as I enter the van. I looked at him funny, and said "what is this for?"

He says, you remember when you were getting out of the van and you were in the way of that Doctor? I said, "yes, I remember!" The Dr. gave it to me...He insisted that I take it! I told him NO and he slapped it in my hand and said, "Please take it"  So, Shay begins to tell me the story....

Y'all walked off, and I was about to sit here and chill when I noticed that Doctor trying to start his car. It wouldn't start. I asked through the window if he needed any help. He told me that these issues had recently begun and that he would just call a tow truck driver. So Shay gets out of the van and walks over to his car. Shay looks under the hood and tells the doctor what he sees. The doctor says, "no no don't get dirty. I will just call a tow and get it to the shop." Shay says, "don't waste your money...let me look at it just a few." The Dr. tells Shay that he had just had it in the shop and replaced two things and that it still didn't fix it. Shay notices that it looks like the connection on his battery cable was bad. The Dr. tells Shay that he bought this car part the other day but hadn't had time to get it to the shop. The Dr. insists that he can just call a tow. Shay insists that he just let him put it on for him since he already had the part.

So the Dr. decides to let Shay fix it. In the meantime, they have small talk. The Dr. says..."You like this stuff?" Shay replies, "What stuff?" Dr replies, "Car stuff" Shay, replies "Oh I am not a mechanic, I just don't mind helping if I can figure out how to do something."

Then the Dr asks Shay what he is doing randomly sitting in the van anyway. Shay begins to tell him that it's his wife's birthday. The Dr. makes a funny looking face...(Probably wondering why the heck Shay is out in the van if its his wife's birthday.) Shay continues to tell him all the ladies he saw with flowers in their hands were going to pass them out to the patients. The Dr. laughed and said, what planet are y'all from...who does things like that? For her birthday? He was so shocked! The Dr. then said, so you are telling me that your wife and friends are passing out flowers to our patients for her birthday... Shay then explained all of the other random acts of kindness we performed that day. The Dr. told Shay that he didn't know that there were people like that anymore and that it restored his faith about the world we live in. Shay said that the Dr. couldn't quit commenting how amazing that was and that he could not believe that we wanted to do that.

Shay completed putting the part on his car and Shay told him that his car was fixed because it was the battery terminal that was bad and then he cleaned up the cables too. Shay told him to start up his car and it started right up. The Dr was very appreciative and continued to be in awe that Shay was randomly sitting there and able to fix his car. They shook hands and the Dr kinda lingered with his hand shake. The Dr. smiled, looked Shay in the eye and said, Thank you in the most deep and genuine way.

I know that this was no coincidence for Shay to have parked where he parked. This is what I call "DIVINE RIGHT ORDER" or a "DIVINE APPOINTMENT."  Placing two people together that could both be blessed by the situation.

Shay later said that he had his own special random act of kindness that he was meant to do while we were inside the hospital passing out flowers. Shay knew that this was a meant to be moment. He knows that God led him to the place he parked. The Dr. was also blessed, not just because his car was fixed but his faith in humanity was restored through Shay's act of kindness. And we were all blessed by hearing his story. The cycle of giving!

I truly believe that when you give with joy.... your reward is receiving the most pure joy and heart-expanding and exhilarating feelings.

I also believe that there is a power in giving...It is the secret to abundance. We gave all day long and freely spent our money on others. A little bit of that money came directly back to us through Shay's giving, and that Dr. demanding that Shay take a little cash from him. It's a beautiful cycle that we hope to always live in! "The window you receive through is made bigger by the window you give through." ~Dan Kennedy










I was so grateful Shay was able to join me on this wonderful day! Here he is visiting with the homeless. I'm so grateful to share the same love of giving and sharing kindness with this man. I love you, Shay!

Find JOY in GIVING!

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE THIS AND ALL OF YOUR STORIES, Heather!! OUR meeting was definitely a DIVINE APPOINTMENT!! Thanks for all of your love, prayers and for sharing yourself, your life and your blessings with others ~ you never feel to make me feel extra blessed! Blessed that we met on that day so long ago, blessed by our friendship, your love and now through Scentsy!! I love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete